Sunday, January 19, 2020

Getting Organized

So the first thing everyone does at the start of the new year is what?

They start cleaning and organizing.  Out with the old, in with the new.  They scour YouTube, Pinterest, the internet for ideas on how to organize all their stuff.

Me too.

I don't just write.  My hobbies are varied.  I draw, I sew, I have scrap books, and I make jewelry.  My office/craft room was more than a hot mess before the new year.  I was too ashamed to show the mess it had become but let me just say, it was pretty bad.  I had lost more than a few character sheets between fabric or scrapbook paper.  I plan to overhaul the ENTIRE space by April.

Why not now?

Like everyone else, I'm busy.  No, seriously.  I am busier than ever.  I'm writing four mini-novels, editing three full novels for publication, and I have a full time job on top of being a single mom.  It can wait.  In the meantime, I took all my writing stuff and a rolling cart and created a portable writing office.

Now when I sit down to write, everything is right there.  No more lost writing time searching for character sheets, miscellaneous notes written on napkins, or dictionaries to check my spelling.

How do you organize your writing space?

Thanks for reading!    

No comments:

Post a Comment